Venison is a great source of protein because it’s also low if fat. Whether you bring home venison after a successful hunt or have to buy it at the store, this easy venison chili recipe is a good one to have around the house. When we serve this hearty dish up the only complaining we hear concerns who has to wash the dishes!
- 2 pounds venison, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalepeno, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt ground black pepper
- 1 10 ounce can red kidney beans, drained
Except for the beans, place all ingredients into slow cooker on the low temperature setting for 4 hours. Then, add beans and continue to cook the venison chili for 1 additional hour. Put in a bowl and top with more finely chopped onions, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream.
If you love Texas, you will LOVE this video!