The Texas Waterfowl Symposium will be held in El Campo for 2016-17. The event is hosted by the Texas Wildlife Association (TWA), Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), Ducks Unlimited (DU) and the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute (CKWRI).
The event will discuss duck and goose populations as well as the various aspects that impact waterfowl management in Texas. All hunters, land owners, property managers and anyone else interested in learning more about waterfowl in Texas are encouraged to attend.
- When: April 20-21, 2017
- Where: El Campo Civic Center, 2350 N Mechanic, El Campo, TX
- Fees: Includes meals and handout materials
– Pre Registration (before 4/10) – $45
– Late Registration (4/10 or after) – $60
– No refunds after 4/10
Waterfowl Symposium – Day 1
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. Topics to be covered the first day include:
- Changes in Waterfowl Populations and Distribution in the Central Flyway
- Annual Cycle of Waterfowl: Requirements and Managemet
- Factors Impacting Waterfowl Populations and Migration
- Management of Wetlands, Moist Soil Units and Farmland for Waterfowl
- Migratory Game Bird Regulations Process
- Harvest Data and HIP
- Economic Impacts of Changes in Waterfowl Numbers in the Gulf Coast Region
- Funding Opportunities for Private Landowners
- Water Sources and Management
- Managing Leases and Hunting Pressure
- Wounding Loss and Shotgun Proficiency
- A Guide and Outfitter Perspective – Panel Discussion
Waterfowl Symposium – Day 2
Field Tour on local property managed for waterfowl.
Lodging in El Campo
- Days In – 979-543-1666
- Best Western – 979-543-7033
- Lonestar Inn – 979-543-7833
Persons interesting in attending the Texas Waterfowl Symposium in El Campo can register online. For more information, contact Clinton Faas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-839-9453.
If you love Texas, you will LOVE this video!